Monday 23 July 2012

100 Word Challenge for Grown Ups – Week#51

I have not written for weeks. However, tonight I have time before I begin my internet sabbatical.
The prompt from Julia is …. the line was drawn ….

It was time...

Yes, it was time the line was drawn under the whole unfortunate affair. Quite how Esme and Beatrice had managed to escape their Nanny will never be known. What persuaded them to acquire the toad is also veiled in mystery.
The bald fact that Grandmamma is still sniffing on smelling salts as if her life depended on them is inescapable. However, there is no point in carrying on as if the world has come to an end when it has not. They are naughty, naughty girls.
It was very funny though I should not say so...
Grandmamma has a very loud scream!



14 comments:

  1. Oh dear ... poor grandmamma? Esme and Beatrice sound like alot of fun. This felt like it was from a different era. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice! i would have screamed too- naughty girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA
    This is super; sounds like a delicious old fashioned tale to read curled up at night.
    They need Nanny McPhee to sort them out (but not 'til they get up to more mischief!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, ha, this made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "What persuaded them to acquire the toad is also veiled in mystery."

    Oh, not THAT much mystery, children being children...but a wonderful sentence that still has me grinning! Poor grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Makes me want to see exactly what the little darlings did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great snippet, great tone. I loved "the toad" and
    "Grandmamma is still sniffing on smelling salts."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is brilliant! I could place myself into so many different eras. How wonderful life was then and yes they are naughty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very funny and very well written, especially the last line.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's hilarious! nicely done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds fun. This is great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is excellent, you ,made me laugh and its just the sort of thing I would have liked to have done when i was little ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yea...I'm guilty of this one too. A very nostalgic post indeed. Well done!

    ReplyDelete