Monday 24 October 2011



Week #16 - this just gets more interesting!


 Ways to win her heart #1

She said “Make me a sculpture that speaks to my heart”.

Being the sort of man he was, he immediately had an idea.
An idea close to his heart.

 He laboured, he drew, he tore, he layered, he squelched, he squeezed, he moulded, he refined, he painted,  he rested, he tore, he layered, he squelched, he squeezed, he painted and he rested again. He made a sculpture that spoke to his heart.
Carefully, he carried that which amounted to his life’s work, to his heart’s desire.
She unwrapped his gift.
“Oh, honey, if only you had made it a beanburger!”


12 comments:

  1. well delivered... oh the joy of papier mache !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent. Wondered what was coming. Not disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A love story! I hope they found some common ground and a happy ending!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Alison, I love how you so often surprise at the end. Super piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! I really got caught up in his labours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, I enjoyed writing this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who hasn't put blood, sweat and tears into a labour of love only to have it rejected? I felt crushed for him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the word squelched, I can almost feel it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfectly captures the conflict between muse and artist...Robin

    ReplyDelete
  10. If only he had realised what was close to her heart rather than his! . . . . Loved all the verbs together, that worked well . . . G Sussex

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a typical man! To do all that without checking first! This is brilliant fun! I loved the papier mache bits especially.

    ReplyDelete