Monday 2 January 2012

One Hundred Word Challenge for Grown Ups Week #25


Our prompt this week is:
to write as the arrowed Santa.


     A night with the Girls.

Bao Yu said it would be fun.
She said it was a multicultural opportunity.  Costumes were to be provided by the organisers. 
Look at me! I look ridiculous.
Mother said I would grow out of my baby panda fat. Well I haven’t yet.
My t-shirt does not look nearly as good as the rest.
The hat! What’s with the red and the fluff? It itches; it makes my face look fat.
That food,  that Christmas Pudding.
I want to go home. 
Thank goodness I’ll be back home soon, only two more days of this madness...

12 comments:

  1. Oh well, you never know unless you try. And you really don't look any worse than all the others dear. :) Nice one Theotheralig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one Alison. You've certainly captured her angst.
    Happy new year :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so sorry for her. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry, it'll all be forgotten in the morning (so long as there weren't any pictures...).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess we're all hard on ourselves, even when no one else really notices things we think are obvious. This captures that state of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks like she's thinking ALL those things! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well done - she really does look like she could be thinking all those things you wrote -and we are so often very self-critical. I love what midlife singlemum said in her comment - ditto! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, the perils of being the one that really doesn't want to be there. Maybe we've all felt like that and so we are really good at putting it into words!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this take, especially giving her posture and stance. Can easily imagine her thinking all these things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've built her personality very well - and one that most of us can identify with!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great portrait you've painted here A! I know how she feels with some of those thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the line "baby panda fat" - how cute!

    ReplyDelete